TGIF! and TGISpringBreak! The boys and I are leaving this weekend to go to Naples for the week! Hooray!! Unfortunately, Robert has to stay home to work. We’re sure going to miss him. I’m going to miss him most on the plane ride as I try to handle both boys by myself! ack!
A few – or 10 – things around here this week…
1. Spencey is the best. He’s still not talking and he should be so we took some steps this week to get him the help he needs. I’ll talk more about it later when I have the full story. However, is he making small improvements every day such as this one…
A firetruck siren! yes yes yes! Honestly, that is his first word (ok, sound) said with intention. Meaning, he’s associating that sound with a thing/person and not just babbling/mimicking sounds! Hooray! I’ll take sirens all day from all 3 of my boys!
Susan also really thought he said “bye” and “choo-choo” yesterday. He’s making progress!
2. Spencer continues to be a stacking fool. Look at that steady hand-eye coordination!
3. Stacking is fun until big brother’s foot makes it all come tumbling down!
4. Maxwell took a nap in his chair this week. He was in his room for “quiet time” and didn’t want to sleep so was playing in his chair and I guess the sleep just took over. I finally went in to wake him up and 4:45 and found him like this. Sweet boy.
5. I love this face…
6. and this laugh…
7. We got a new painting for over our fireplace in the den! A girl from Arkansas, Amanda Kella, painted it for us and I loooove it! I spent most of last weekend redoing all of our bookshelves and am loving how light and bright the room feels now!
8. This cracked me up…almost a high five! 🙂
9. We fly into Tampa on Sunday (better to get a direct flight there than to have to change planes with both boys) and my mom and I might have gotten a crazy idea to stop by Disney World for a day on the way to Naples! and the boys might not know about it yet. and they might be getting to see Nate and Delaney there. and we might be really excited! and, yes, we might be becoming (already are?) those crazy Disney people. 🙂
10. When driving back from school Wednesday, Maxwell told me that in chapel they had told the kids to close their eyes and think about someone they loved. I asked Maxwell who he thought about and who did he say? Spencey. sweet brothers.
Bye! We’re off to Florida!