Not much to report these days. When I don’t have anything to talk about, a list seems to help…
1. Susan took the boys to eat lunch yesterday at the “firehouse” aka Firehouse Subs and they thought that was about the best thing ever with the dalmatian tables, fireman murals on the walls, and real fireman coats hanging around. Bonus – kids eat free on Tuesdays! Free grilled cheese and real fireman decor? What could be better?!
2. On Sunday, when Maxwell skipped his nap, Robert took him to a parking lot to drive his fire truck and he looooved it!
After that, they took it over by the elementary school and, as Robert said, the firetruck was like a moth to a flame! Maxwell had more than a few inquiring little boys walking up to his firetruck and he even gave one little boy a ride!
3. Spencer is still not talking. Not even one word and he’s 16.5 months. I’m trying not to worry (it’s not working). The good thing is that he babbles constantly and communicates with pointing, gestures, etc. and clearly understands directions. But I just want one little word. Even an animal sound would do! Come on, Spencey – gimme a moo!!
4. Work has been crazy lately – good (a raise! yay!) and bad (colleagues resigning = more work for me). Still so glad I get to do this job from home.
5. Robert and I are going bowling tonight! woohoo! Maxwell is getting his favorite babysitter, Abby, to come over tonight! woohoo!
6. We took the boys to church on Sunday and they looked so cute in their church clothes.
I mean, super cute.
7. I made this for dinner last night and it was really good.
8. I make pizza a lot and my fave dough recipe is this one by Pioneer Woman but I’m always on the lookout for a good whole wheat version. I’ve tried several and haven’t been knocked out yet. But, this one looks promising and I’m going to try it soon. I’ll report back.
9. Maxwell is really into Jake and the Neverland Pirates lately and last night we were acting out Jake on the bed. Maxwell was Jake, Robert was Captain Hook, Spencer was cubby and I was “Twinkle-bell”. the cutest.
10. When it’s too cold to play outside and you need some inside entertainment for little boys, build a fort. Works every time!
A boring blog post with a list is better than just a plain boring blog post, right?! 🙂 See you tomorrow!