The top 12 observations from our beautiful and hot weekend.
1. Maxwell looks very pretty when all dolled up in LuLu’s jewelry!
We had a lunch visit from LuLu and Granddaddy on Friday and Maxwell had the best time playing “dress up!” 🙂
2. Maxwell learned it’s not easy to eat chips with a fork.
Good lesson learned.
3. We ventured out to another new playground on Friday afternoon and had a great time. Well, it was at his school so new to me but old to him. Maybe that’s why he’s giving me the stare down here?
4. I learned that I really have to stop letting Maxwell play with my car keys. He’s managed to start the car remotely a few times at home and, while we were at the playground, he not only pushed the panic button (which sets off the car alarm) 4 times but he managed to unlock the car and open the tailgate without my knowledge. I couldn’t see the car from the playground so only noticed 20 minutes later our car had been sitting completely unlocked with the tailgate wide open! Goodness gracious, he’s a mess!
But he’s a cute mess! 🙂
5. On Saturday Maxwell took his first train ride. I snapped a few pics with my phone before we got on the train, including one of him in this awesome engineer hat (don’t worry, it didn’t come home with us)…
and one of him playing with this train table (that might have to come home with us at some point!).
Lots more pictures of the actual train ride to come tomorrow.
6. Happy Cinco de Mayo! We celebrated with an early feast of beans and rice. Cheap Mexican restaurants are definitely the best places to go out to eat with a toddler. And my toddler ate this whole plate by himself! big boy!
7. This made me laugh…hard.
8. Maxwell got to wear his new Crocs all weekend. Since he broke his leg, I’ve been trying to keep him in tennis shoes for the support until he stops limping. He’s getting better and it’s getting hotter so I thought we’d try out the Crocs. While he still prefers his tennis shoes (his red Elmo tennis shoes to be specific), I do think he liked his new summer shoes. and hopefully this will help even out his pretty mean sock tan!
9. On Sunday, Maxwell “helped” Robert trim shrubs in the front yard. Gotta teach ’em early!
10. Robert works so hard in the yard and it shows. I think we’ve got the prettiest yard on the block! A pat on the back for you, Robert!
11. It was really hot this weekend. and it’s only May. This pregnant lady is DREADING July.
12. Maxwell has been saying a new word for a while – “Nano” – and we couldn’t figure out what it meant. The mystery has been solved. As I’ve mentioned, Nanner the monkey has been dubbed “NeNe” and, apparently, Mr. Moo the cow has been dubbed “NaNo”. Sounds like a good cow name to me!
That’s it for today! See you tomorrow!