It seems like it’s time to do another update of what all Maxwell is doing these days so I’ll always remember!
He’s 17 months old and is a busy little boy! He’s running everywhere and getting better and better with steps every day. He can go up them pretty easily but still has a tendency to turn around and go down them on his hands and knees. Better safe than sorry I say! Although, yesterday he did walk down 3 flights of stairs while holding my hand! Big boy! He also walked all the way to the library and back with Susan. Whoa! While he’s an expert walker, he definitely still prefers to be pushed around in his little red car!
Maxwell’s vocabulary is expanding daily. Some words he gets right and some words he makes up his own version! 2 funny ones are daddo for remote and ga-ga for glasses. He toot-toots when he sees a train and makes a siren noise when he sees a fire truck. He also says dada, mama, truck, oh (instead of uh-oh), shoe, sock, ball, ay-ay (baby) and all sorts of animal sounds. He’s getting really good at knowing which animal is which. He can get his Little People pig and then go find the pig on the SeeNSay and his animal puzzle. He can snort like a pig, moo like a cow, roar like a lion and neigh like a horse. I know his vocabulary is just going to explode soon because he definitely knows what we’re saying a lot of the time. He shakes his head yes or no when you ask him a question and will often do exactly what we tell him (I’m sure that won’t last!). If you ask him if he’s ready to take a bath, he’ll just get up and march into the bathroom! Same goes for dinner and bedtime (well, he marches to his chair or bedroom for those, not the bathroom)! 🙂 He also clearly knows when he’s doing something he’s not supposed to because he’ll check to see if I’m watching and then shoot me this sly little grin. Yes, I’m in trouble!!
A funny face but check out those dimples!
He’s still a great sleeper – from 7pm to 7am. He naps at 1:00 for about 3 hours.
Some more of his favorites these days:
- Turning the light switches on and off and just pushing buttons in general.
- Giving kisses (I sure do love this!).
- Pushing his cars all over the furniture and the yard and running circles around the house with his shopping cart, popper or lawn mower.
- Books are tops these days! Truck books, Wheels on the Bus, Elmo – anything is good with him!
- Playing in our drawer of coozies. His fave is the red AL one! (this makes his Dad very happy!)
- Puzzles are a hit and he’s getting really good at putting the pieces back in just the right place.
Food continues to be an adventure. While he’s a great eater overall, there are certain things he won’t touch – like fresh fruit. Yea, I don’t get it either and believe me, I’ve tried everything. But, he loves oatmeal, veggie sausage, waffles, yogurt (lots of yogurt!), applesauce, almond butter, spinach pancakes, veggie corndogs, fishies, beans and other things I can’t remember right now. I recently added a little bit of apple juice to his sippy cup and he’s LOVING that – drinking about double the amount of water he was when it was just plain water. He still takes 2 bottles of milk a day (don’t judge) and I don’t know how we’re ever going to be able to give those up. He loves them THAT much.
A few other random things to remember:
- Maxwell can blow his nose very effectively. This has been really nice with his recent cold and runny nose!
- When he’s walking he has a tendency to swing his left arm – the faster he walks, the faster that arm swings. It’s precious.
- He LOVES school but is always so happy to see me when I go pick him up. I love seeing him running toward me (left arm swinging) with a big smile.
- He’s learning to undo zippers and always unzips his jacket as soon as he gets inside.
- He continues to have a love of hats!
I know I’ve said this a million times before, but it just keeps getting better. I sure do love my little buddy!
See you tomorrow!